Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines

The fantastic doesn't always have to occur in writing, or writing opportunities. Sometimes, it's just a few things throughout the day that make you smile.

This morning, I assembled an 8-bit flower bouquet from ThinkGeek, pulled two Shel Silverstein books from a hiding place underneath a pile of teddybears on a bookshelf, and stood up a Charlie Brown card--all for my boyfriend to discover on the table after I'd left for work. :)

He only had "Everything on It," so I figured that he'd enjoy "Where the Sidewalk Ends" and "Falling Up" because he admitted to liking Shel Silverstein but not having read much of his work. Poetry, Charlie Brown, and video game references on Valentine's Day seemed to be good choices for my guy.

And tonight, we're going to The Melting Pot. I fully anticipate a food hangover. The last and only time I've had one of those was the day after going to that same restaurant with my mother for our birthdays. The rich food in vast quantities will make us too stuffed to move, and we'll have to guzzle water to offset all the sodium, but it will be delicious and worth it.

A few weeks ago, I'd sent Mike an advertisement for it and told him that I'd contribute to the bill if we went (I've been trying to get him to go there for a while). He responded with: "What time do you want to eat?" I asked him how much he wanted me to pay him back, and he said he wouldn't hear of that. The whole thing is somewhere around $140. O.O

So! He received the surprise on the table this morning.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment